Starts: 8 a.m. on Nov. 8, 2020
Ends: 8 p.m. on Nov. 18, 2020
The items we are looking for may surprise you– check out our Top Ten List and see if you can help us Preserve Camp Cavell for Future Generations!
The Gala is our most essential fundraiser of the year. That means you have the opportunity to help us create some unique and exciting experiences and items for our gala guests to bid on. And because the gala is going virtual this year – we need you now more than ever!
We are currently seeking donations for the 2020 Gala
Camp Cavell’s Top 10 Wish List of Auction Donations
1. Restaurant or retail gift certificates – What local restaurants and businesses are your favorites that you would like to support? You can purchase a gift card to help them and donate it to Camp Cavell’s Gala Auction. Or do you have a gift card already which you received for a gift that you aren’t likely to use? Do you know a chef who would host a dinner at the restaurant for an auction item? Or would the chef come to cook dinner in someone’s home for a small group? You can also purchase gift cards for online shopping such as Amazon, Wayfair, Google, etc.
2. Wine and wine collections, or bottles of fine liquor. Do you have any vintage or special wines you’d be willing to donate? Do you frequently buy from a vintner who might donate a case? Wine and spirits are consistently some of our best-selling auction items.
3. Vacation getaways and hotel stays. Do you have a lake home, cabin, ski chalet or timeshare that someone would enjoy? Do you have a connection at a local or chain hotel? Staycations and getaways are always a hit at any auction, especially those in the local area or driveable locations at this time. RV rentals are also big right now.
4. Sports memorabilia or tickets in 2021 – especially VIP boxes that bidders would not otherwise be able to access. Could you get something special, like an autographed ball, team sportswear, or a virtual meet and greet with an athlete. Sporting events are far and few between at this time, but tickets for the 2021 season may be considered. Golf outings and other outdoor activities such as water sports or toys, biking and individual sports are especially popular right now.
5. Personal services performed by you, your company, or your board – these may be a party hosted by your board and 10 friends at the board president’s house, monthly baked goods delivered by someone who is a phenomenal pastry chef, a few hours with a personal organizer, landscape design or a certificate good for 4 hours of IT support from your IT specialist. Get creative! Your donation can be something as simple as a gift certificate to your business or an invitation to share lunch with you.
6. Once-in-a-lifetime or unique experiences —the dinner for 8 cooked by a celebrity chef in your own home… the box seats for the World Series… the opportunity to conduct the symphony. There are also experiences for children such as meeting their favorite pro athlete. Other things to consider might be a lunch or a virtual meet and greet with a respected person, a private tour of a unique venue that isn’t easily accessed, or something like a ziplining experience.
7. What hobbies and interests do you have? Handmade jewelry or creative artwork? Handcrafted furniture or beautiful quilts?
8. Electronics! Where would we be without our electronics? Anything Apple is always good, but Android is also good! Consider also things such as wireless headphones, home technology like Alexa, Ring Door Alarms, Webcams, gaming systems and supplies, TVs, iPads, tablets, etc.
9. Themed-Baskets or Outings
-Coffee or wine baskets
-Craft beer tours
-Zoo excursions and family outings
-Spa day, or a nail salon basket with polishes and files
-Sports of any kind
-Fishing – could include things like poles, tackle boxes, lures, hooks, weights, sun hats, etc.
-Music or book lovers
-Food and cookery baskets like lasagna or Margarita baskets that can even include specific recipes, non-perishable ingredients and could include the pans or glasses and other goodies.
-Do At Home Kits – since more people are staying at home these days they’re looking for things to do at home. Think about date night packages, art & craft baskets for kids or adults, handyman sets, and family night packages like movie night or baking night would be popular themes for a basket. (combine similar-type items into super baskets)
10. Individual Items – big and small! Another thing to keep in mind, is that we package items together also. If you aren’t able to put together an entire basket, we will be happy to find a good place for your individual item in with other items. For example, golf balls can be paired up with green fees, DVDs can be combined with items to create a movie night. A cake pan becomes a Baking basket!
Get creative! Have fun with it! The opportunities are endless!
We are always looking for fun and unique things and are open to suggestions! By donating you will highlight your business and/or showcase your commitment to our community. Thank you for considering how you can help. Our gala success would not be possible without your help!